2 in a Row & Lovin Alameda

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
pipedragon
Regular
Regular
2 in a Row & Lovin Alameda

Post by pipedragon » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:12 pm

2 in a row. A four hour session today. 2 hour yesterday Windy, rainy and cold. Just like I like it! The wind was directly on shore and low tide which makes for some fun riding because you can go all the way up and down the beach. Many times I was going all the way down to McDonalds and then back up to the harbor North of the launch. These kind of conditions are rare at Alamead and a real treat if you hit it right. Not one other kiter out with me for days. I wonder where everyone was?? Just a couple wind surfers. I called it quits at 3pm but now I am regreting it because no wind in the forcast. At 3pm I was getting poored on, fighting to roll up my kite, could not feel my feet or hands, stepped in dog crap and still looked around thinking how lucky I was to have such a sick a$$ session! Gotta love Alameda in the storms! Wahooooooo! Oh I think I got in on the news or in the paper too. Hopefully the headline does not read "Crazy a$$ kiter goes out in huge winter storm to have some fun! What was he thinking?"

bdawg
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by bdawg » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:19 pm

Maybe it was a profile on people who don't pick up after their dogs and they caught you being the "worst case senario".

That is cool you had such a great session. I have never kited alameda but that sounds soo cool going down the beach like that waving at the cars as you kite next to them. sweet. You are definately getting me stoked for spring. rock on.

Blair

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:30 pm

Spring in Alameda ROCKS!! Last year 20++ knots of clean wind almost every time I went to the beach. Then in summer it's just luck to get a good powered day on a 12m
Dewey

G2

Dude?!?!?!

Post by G2 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:37 pm

Dude,

You ain't the only one diggin' the Ala acion this weekend. Me and about 4 other kiters were out from 10 to 2 on Sat. Wind went from 10- to 20
+ in a few hours....up and down the beach with huge air along the way!

I was on a Gaastra 21 and downed to a North 12 to finish the session. Hopefully I will see everyone at the next big storm session.

Cheers
G

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Re: Dude?!?!?!

Post by pipedragon » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:52 pm

G2 wrote:Dude,

You ain't the only one diggin' the Ala acion this weekend. Me and about 4 other kiters were out from 10 to 2 on Sat. Wind went from 10- to 20
+ in a few hours....up and down the beach with huge air along the way!

I was on a Gaastra 21 and downed to a North 12 to finish the session. Hopefully I will see everyone at the next big storm session.

Cheers
G
Sorry, I meant after you left. Actually you were what gave me the courage to stay out so long. I figured if you were ok then I should be ok as well. I guess I got to excited when I did my post!!! 8)