Reminder: Park your car at the appropriate spot

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
manplesvanuatu
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Re: Reminder: Park your car at the appropriate spot

Post by manplesvanuatu » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:02 am

Hi all,

Kite 415 probably parked there cause he doesn't want to take any more space on the carpet by the windsurf and kite pump staging area. Not to mention the prospect of renovation of the lower launch area by the city works which will most likely shut down any parking spots there. He most likely made arrangement with the golf course.( maybe even paying for a rental space fee too). That thing is huge and it's like his office. I don't see how he can make himself take less space. I'll give him slack haha.
I think we can try to fill the whole parking spots along the fence (people have been doing that and on a busy day we park all the way to the entrance!) but in my honest opinion I think it's ok to park in the middle of the parking lot directly after the gate. I don't think the lazy golfers are willing to walk that far, we are safe hehe. Just do what ever is sensible. Everyone is cool. No one is being super difficult yet. It's juts we shouldn't do it a habit to always take their spots. Most golfers don't care anyway. It's just the few that voice their complaints to the management that will ruin everything for us.

biba
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by biba » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:26 pm

Y'all leave Ovi @Kite415 alone :P ... lol he's a cool guy. Im sure he didn't just propped that there w/o owner permission.

PS: parking at lower beach is beautiful, you get to watch all freestylers putting up on a show.

Cali_Rider
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Cali_Rider » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:44 pm

Sonny wrote:
sandman wrote:last time I was there, there was some kite school vehicle parked side ways with a trailer taking up 7 spots. Could some one tell that D-bag to stop hogging all the spots? I really try to park where we are suppose to but if these schools take up the spots we can't park where we are suppose to.
The golf course parking lot is not public it is private and they lease the land from the city. They are nice enough to let people who are not their customers to use the parking lot. As far as the Kite415 trailer, he made arrangements with the golf course park it there and he pays to park it there.
I figured that he had made arrangements with the golf course. However, considering that we are being somewhat restricted to parking along the fence, it seems that he could have parked that trailer somewhere else in the parking lot - not taking up 3 (maybe 4?) of the allowable spots for the rest of us. Just my .02

steve
Regular
Regular

Post by steve » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:07 am

Sonny is correct:
1) Golf property (including parking area is a lease from the City (long term lease)...therefore it is private
2) They (golf) have graciously provided some "public parking" along the fence...there R signs on the fence
3) They (golf) also have proper/legal tow away signs posted. Abuse by the "public" may cause them to enforce
4) The trailer owner has entered into an agreement with golf owner/mgmt and pays
5) When the City begins construction at the "lower" parking area, the total parking situation could easily get worse
steve

1618to1
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 1618to1 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:51 am

It looks to me that parking across 3rd Ave on Mariners Island Blvd is the reasonable option when the spaces loaned to the public is full.

tgautier
Regular
Regular

Post by tgautier » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:07 am

My $.02.

Ever since I learned that we should park against the fence last year I do so NO EXCEPTIONS.

I don't understand why anyone would do anything else and risk the relationship we currently enjoy? If it means walking an extra 100 feet because you have to park in the lower lot below the 415 trailer....so what? Isn't that better than no parking?

I would ask anyone reading and contributing to this forum that doesn't follow this simple rule for the sake of yourself and others to question why - if you know what the people that own the lot have asked us to do - would you do anything other than that?

Even if the middle of the lot or the upper lot is empty I still beg of you - why risk angering the owners? Consider if YOU were the owners and had asked the kiteboarding community politely, seen the signs posted and read the forums and find that some in the community still seem to find justification - however "right" it might seem at the time - to not follow the rules put down by them - would you not feel a tad bit disrespected and perhaps think twice about your generosity?

Aren't we all into kiteboarding for the thrill AND the exercise?
I think we can afford an extra 100 ft on those days that require it thereby protecting this generous gift from the private owners for all current and future kite boarders.

Thanks.

le noun
Old School
Old School

Post by le noun » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:29 am

tgautier wrote:My $.02.

Ever since I learned that we should park against the fence last year I do so NO EXCEPTIONS.

I don't understand why anyone would do anything else and risk the relationship we currently enjoy? If it means walking an extra 100 feet because you have to park in the lower lot below the 415 trailer....so what? Isn't that better than no parking?

I would ask anyone reading and contributing to this forum that doesn't follow this simple rule for the sake of yourself and others to question why - if you know what the people that own the lot have asked us to do - would you do anything other than that?

Even if the middle of the lot or the upper lot is empty I still beg of you - why risk angering the owners? Consider if YOU were the owners and had asked the kiteboarding community politely, seen the signs posted and read the forums and find that some in the community still seem to find justification - however "right" it might seem at the time - to not follow the rules put down by them - would you not feel a tad bit disrespected and perhaps think twice about your generosity?

I think we can afford an extra 100 ft on those days that require it thereby protecting this generous gift from the private owners for all current and future kite boarders.

Thanks.
+1
MJ0_
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

jsin138
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by jsin138 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:18 pm

tgautier wrote:My $.02.

Thanks.
+7