LMG - R.I.P.

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Boardsports
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Location:Crown Beach Alameda, Coyote Pt San Mateo, & San Francisco
Re: LMG - R.I.P.

Post by Boardsports » Thu May 15, 2014 2:02 pm

LMG, your presence in Alameda will be missed dearly at the beach. You are a man who lit up a room (or a beach!). You are a man who's presence was felt all around you. You shined a big bright shining light, you carried your heart on your sleeve, and you lived life big and bold.

I remember first meeting you in Alameda. I remember learning what your nickname stood for, Loud Mouth Greg. I came to love your nickname, as it represented your full of life personality. You tirelessly helped so many newbies at Alameda. You spent countless days helping people in the launch area to create some order, so everyone could enjoy the beach.

I looked forward to seeing you every time you came to the beach. You gave the best hugs (that often became bear hug chiropractic adjustments, thank you so much for those too!). I will miss your soul, your spirit, your loud and bright personality. I will miss you Greg, and so will Alameda!

Jane

W84Wind
Contributor
Contributor

Post by W84Wind » Fri May 16, 2014 4:00 pm

A picture from Toraun - traveling through Baja on her way to Alameda for the memorial.

May peace find you Greg.
Your energy brought joy to so many. You will be missed...
Attachments
RIP-LMG.jpg
RIP-LMG.jpg (539.21KiB)Viewed 1616 times

kiterchick
Contributor
Contributor

Post by kiterchick » Mon May 19, 2014 10:17 pm

I only learned about this today. I am shocked and deeply saddened. Greg was the first person to welcome me to the Bay Area kiteboarding community. He showed me 3rd avenue and Sherman Island. He had such a unique kind heart. I am so sad to see we lost such a gem. I only hope that he really is happy and at peace now. I will forever miss him.