Meeting Babes

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Aloha
Old School
Old School
Re: Meeting Babes

Post by Aloha » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:40 am

BayAreaKite wrote:And don't mess with mbzporvida, he's just saving everyone an extra click and new window opening to see a vid!
^this - mbz4LyFe

le noun
Old School
Old School

Post by le noun » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:34 am

BayAreaKite wrote:Well, this is not so bad really. All forums respond to a bit of drama or conflict here and there. Historically, I've looked at the site stats and on the occasions that we've seen drama at Alameda or Sherman, stats are through the roof, so don't some of you take the high road. You have to take the good with the bad, however you may define those categories.

We've also historically seen the warmth and supportive tone surrounding posts show a noticeable decrease with the rise and fall of our main wind season. It's normal.

It's possible that in the last year or two my influence and participation has not been what it has been in the past, but I've got a lot going on. Seriously. But, we've been working hard to find ways to keep the site going well into the future.

What does it mean when I say keep the site going?

Primarily it means finding someone to maintain the stoke and interest in something that has been created to serve the local community with the purpose of continuing the sharing and preserving the resource which is a result of 10+ years online. All the info and discussion is still here and we'll make sure it will continue to be. This site was here when 80%-90% of you started kiting and will continue to be for everyone int he future. I still get feedback about how helpful the site has been for so many.

I guess I'm saying that although a topic or two may disappoint you, there is no other local resource as valuable as this, the info within is important and I think in it's absence the sport would not be as well off locally. You'll end up like SoCal!

And don't mess with mbzporvida, he's just saving everyone an extra click and new window opening to see a vid!

MJ0_ MJ0_ MJ0_
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

kitenaked
Old School
Old School

Post by kitenaked » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:37 am

waves are good wrote:Sorry Kitenaked....didn't realize I needed to post a resume to have credibility here.

Been kiting since the beginning and quietly reading BAK since its beginning. I think BAK started 2004-ish?

People are so quick to assume and judge. Pretty funny coming from a shop. Interesting business plan for sure.

Good luck Y'all.....see you at the beach :-)
Sorry "waves are good" .

I take it kind of personal (like you and many others) when BAK comes under fire. BAK is an invaluable resource. There are many other forums where there is a lot of negative stuff going on.

We have a shop but it has nothing to do with my post. People that have shops or related to the industry in one way or another have opinions too....

If you have posted 1 time or 4000, that doesn't matter either. I many times press the Enter button when i should rephrase or just delete and sit back. Emotion is important though we should all redirect the energy in a more positive way.

It is hard to see on here if folks that are active on the forum are women or men though it seems to be dominated by men. In my opinion, it would be good to grow the membership for everyone and have BAK self moderated and respectful.....where everyone feels welcome and posts or topics are such that it welcomes people to view for information and be active vs scaring off those that are put off by a possibly offensive topic. yes...it is a public forum.

Happy Saturday.
Chris

Kite Naked
Benicia Kite and Paddle Sports
4562 East 2nd Street, Unit J & K
Benicia, CA 94510

209-304-2200

http://www.kitenaked.com
Slingshot

turbinedude
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by turbinedude » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:57 pm

@ col.kiteman

I am sure you will still want to go onto this site to get the cordinates of

the most reliable spot to kite in San Luis Obispo (this blows Pismo to

shame).

@ le noun

Perhaps the douche level could have been reduced by a level by calling the

thread title - To be dumped by your girl or to be dumped by your kite...

The choice is yours.

@ Wind Much

I now have a 24 barrel barrage system affixed on a portable mobility

unit.
Is there any particular technique to that trick? I am sure there must be a

similar difficulty curve as riding a foil? Maybe there is an optimum chop

height for maximum points.

@friggin old guy

Do you think pulling stunts like this was really appropriate back when you were younger?
http://i.imgur.com/uJejlgB.jpg

Loscocco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Loscocco » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:03 pm

turbinedude wrote:@ col.kiteman

I am sure you will still want to go onto this site to get the cordinates of

the most reliable spot to kite in San Luis Obispo (this blows Pismo to

shame).

@ le noun

The choice is yours.

@ Wind Much

I now have a 24 barrel barrage system affixed on a portable mobility

unit.
Is there any particular technique to that trick? I am sure there must be a

similar difficulty curve as riding a foil? Maybe there is an optimum chop

height for maximum points.

@friggin old guy

Do you think pulling stunts like this was really appropriate back when you were younger?
http://i.imgur.com/uJejlgB.jpg
i am glad there is no @Loscocco
:)
My Photography ==> www.Loscocco.com
Kites:Ocean Rodeo: Flites and Razors
Boards:Ocean Rodeo: Duke and Spotz Hydrofoil
Eyewear:Kurtis Surf Goggles www.KurtisUSA.com

le noun
Old School
Old School

Post by le noun » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:41 pm

turbinedude wrote: @ le noun

The choice is yours.
I don't think it would have changed much of my opinion as far as moving this thread in the "off-topic" section.
I also don't think it really matters anymore since kirk and ollie did a pretty good intervention on this one (AKA: getting everybody to chill out for a second).
Also, I had a pretty good sesh at OB today, so I'm a lot more relaxed. SS$$

I agree with a some of the folks who chimed in: it's about finding somebody who understands you are passionate about something. It doesn't matter how extreme it is. It will take a HUGE amount of time out of your hands.
Some people (male or female it doesn't matter) get it, some don't as they need to be the center of the universe.
Cheers. SS$$
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

friggin old guy
Regular
Regular

Post by friggin old guy » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:04 am

I never played with other people's guns at any age. It is entirely appropriate if that floats your boat.

Supped ob today. The way regular surfers look at me reminds me of the way windsurfers look at kiters. Too much fear and loathing.

windstoked
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by windstoked » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:44 am

I'm pretty out of it on Babe advice, as I've been married over 33 years. But that doesn't mean I can't admire the scenery, and that's one area I've seen a definite upgrade at Sherman.

Aloha
Old School
Old School

Post by Aloha » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:37 pm

FOG if you won't lend me your gun, will you at least lend me your SUP?

friggin old guy
Regular
Regular

Post by friggin old guy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:21 pm

Aloha wrote:FOG if you won't lend me your gun, will you at least lend me your SUP?
At the risk of generating some negative comments, I have to tell you my SUP is too big for most people to play with. 10'5".....(that is, 10 feet 5 inches). However, it does work for me as at 220 lbs I need to have the float.

And you have to put up with the same kind of irrational fear and loathing from surfers that kiters do from ws'ers. Fear because the things are so big they can kill you and loathing because you can pick waves off like flies. Ok, so maybe their fear and loathing is not entirely irrational.

Expertise comes both in the form of knowing how to ride them and in not being as obnoxious in the lineup as everybody assumes you will be.......

I like to find my own peak and love the paddling power in the current when it's about head plus......so to speak.