Meeting Babes

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
friggin old guy
Regular
Regular
Re: Meeting Babes

Post by friggin old guy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:55 pm

umm......a couple of comments.

First, with kiting, surfing and a bunch of other "extreme" sports, the level of ability seems to be inversely proportional to how much somebody claims their identity as a kiter, surfer, etc. The claimers tend to be posers, and the guys that shred don't talk about it that much. Especially when they're looking for mates (although it sounds like the first posts were more about mating than finding mates).

Having said that, there was some comment about hiding the fact that you kite from a prospective mate. All I can say is that if you're going out with somebody that puts limits on your kiting or whatever, run away. Quickly. I think it tends to work out better if you find somebody that can embrace what makes you happy rather than manage your priorities.

Every once in awhile my mate questions whether I love the water more than her, but only every once in awhile. I got lucky. In the best sense of it, not the douchey way this post seems to have gone.

Artem
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Artem » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:43 pm

friggin old guy wrote: I think it tends to work out better if you find somebody that can embrace what makes you happy rather than manage your priorities.

Every once in awhile my mate questions whether I love the water more than her, but only every once in awhile. I got lucky. In the best sense of it, not the douchey way this post seems to have gone.
Very well said, the problem is that it's "mission impossible" to find somebody like that...

turbinedude
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by turbinedude » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:22 am

I've been kiting random mud ponds lately. If dudes think that is a little crazy, then I am sure chicks think it must be insane. Might be hard to find a girl who approves of this.
I even met a girl who seemed awesome and we starting talking about kiting somehow after talking about surfing, then I mentioned a secret kiteboard spot that gets the most reliable wind in the Central Coast (this secret spot puts Pismo to shame) and she stopped talking to me.

turbinedude
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by turbinedude » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:27 am

It's almost like most women find kiting to be a negative when it should be like the ultimate plus?
The one thing that seems to have potential is to get all stoked after a nice sesh of kiting and carrying the good vibes into the next scene.

victor
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by victor » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:47 am

sounds like a lot of douche baggery coming from both sides. wadaya you negative commenters think, that a woman is going to read your post, think you're sensitive and vulnerable, and take you home?

a huge part of the kite scene is social. the grand majority of of peeps i consider my friends i met at a launch.

unfortunately a very small proportion of the scene is female. fortunately almost all of those are super hot. if any of them are looking for a relationship with a male kiter they pretty much have their pick and kite skills aren't going to be the main attraction.

turbinedude
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by turbinedude » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:59 am

Here's the concept I am trying to get at that most people have not extrapolated on:
Most women think kiting boarding is too crazy and thus bringing kites into the equation can be a turn off.
Even if this is or is not true, I am still going to kite until I am no longer able to kite.

Aloha
Old School
Old School

Post by Aloha » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:09 pm

I've always thought everyone who is able to should have a physically intensive activity that they're passionate about and really good at no matter who they are

It may or may not help you get laid, but it definitely will translate to more opportunities in your life of various forms ... Good luck!

dwaynej
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by dwaynej » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:27 pm

Happily married and if the family is willing to spend some time with me on the beach, I am happy. Too busy learning to worry about posing.

le noun
Old School
Old School

Post by le noun » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:05 am

dwaynej wrote:Too busy learning to worry about posing.
+1
can we close this thread pleaaaaaaaase? MJ0_
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin

Post by WindMuch » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:47 am

le noun wrote:
dwaynej wrote:Too busy learning to worry about posing.
+1
can we close this thread pleaaaaaaaase? MJ0_
Close this thread? Are you kidding Vincent - it's way too entertaining.

@Turbinedude: Talk about a missed marketing opportunity - dude, you've got two air-cannons on the roof of your car. Load those things up with your phone number on little sheets of confetti and spew your seeds everywhere. You're bound to get calls!

And if we're gonna talk about meeting women, let's actually consider, for a moment, what women really *want*. Do they want guys with a massive addiction that will only serve to take time away from the relationship? Nope. Chicks want control, tenderness (particularly in the upper forearms and inner thighs) and above all else, a guy who can hold on tight:
Bransonchallenge-shot-2.jpg
Bransonchallenge-shot-2.jpg (221.63KiB)Viewed 3645 times