Meeting Babes

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
waves are good
Contributor
Contributor
Re: Meeting Babes

Post by waves are good » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:37 am

And this thread just got even more douche courtesy of none other than a site administrator.

Ollie, so sad to see the direction of the great site you founded.

Aloha
Old School
Old School

Post by Aloha » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:46 am

This is a tough crowd... I don't think I mind the occasional low brow shift away from the usual "dude you stole my spot", "guy posts video link that mbzporvida replies with inline embed on", or "hey check out what we're spending $2000 on this season that we'll throw away next year" race thread(s) especially in the off-season - variety is the spice of life! "?%#

Col.kiteman
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Col.kiteman » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:54 am

waves are good wrote:And this thread just got even more douche courtesy of none other than a site administrator.

I couldnt agree more. Very litte substance to this forum anymore. Ive been checking the site ocassionally for a good topic, helpful hints, gear reviews etc, etc. but for the past few months i feel its been a waste of time. Sad to see this great knowlege base get hijacked by a bunch of inmature individuals. Col kiteman signing off..........
Last edited by Col.kiteman on Tue May 06, 2014 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

le noun
Old School
Old School

Post by le noun » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:11 pm

WindMuch wrote:
le noun wrote:
dwaynej wrote:Too busy learning to worry about posing.
+1
can we close this thread pleaaaaaaaase? MJ0_
Close this thread? Are you kidding Vincent? Really?
Meh... I just don't see the angle I guess. {}[]
Maybe move it to the "off topic forum"?
I just can't see anything good getting out of it.
We are in the off wind season and people don't get enough time in the water to get this whole thread with a sense of humor like you or phil do.
3 pages and already a looooot of angry posts.

Was just my 2 cents.
I'm just gonna make more popcorn. SS$$
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

MehYam
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by MehYam » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:52 pm

What would a forum be without a controversial post? It shows the quality of this forum that the rare time it happens, people tackle it like a loose football and pile on. That's a good thing.

I think it's pretty obvious - if you need to attract mates via shallow means, you'll be attracting shallow mates.

kitenaked
Old School
Old School

Re: Re: Meeting Babes

Post by kitenaked » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:04 pm

Off topic may be the best solution for this so the kiters looking at improving their hookup skills or wanting advice still have a voice.
Chris

Kite Naked
Benicia Kite and Paddle Sports
4562 East 2nd Street, Unit J & K
Benicia, CA 94510

209-304-2200

http://www.kitenaked.com
Slingshot

kitenaked
Old School
Old School

Post by kitenaked » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:36 pm

waves are good wrote:And this thread just got even more douche courtesy of none other than a site administrator.

Good to point out the direction this site is going considering your vast amount of posts here....
Chris

Kite Naked
Benicia Kite and Paddle Sports
4562 East 2nd Street, Unit J & K
Benicia, CA 94510

209-304-2200

http://www.kitenaked.com
Slingshot

waves are good
Contributor
Contributor

Post by waves are good » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:36 pm

Sorry Kitenaked....didn't realize I needed to post a resume to have credibility here.

Been kiting since the beginning and quietly reading BAK since its beginning. I think BAK started 2004-ish?

People are so quick to assume and judge. Pretty funny coming from a shop. Interesting business plan for sure.

Good luck Y'all.....see you at the beach :-)

Loscocco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Loscocco » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:43 pm

one of my favorites.. always get a chuckle out of that one
Aloha wrote: "guy posts video link that mbzporvida replies with inline embed on"
My Photography ==> www.Loscocco.com
Kites:Ocean Rodeo: Flites and Razors
Boards:Ocean Rodeo: Duke and Spotz Hydrofoil
Eyewear:Kurtis Surf Goggles www.KurtisUSA.com

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:04 pm

Well, this is not so bad really. All forums respond to a bit of drama or conflict here and there. Historically, I've looked at the site stats and on the occasions that we've seen drama at Alameda or Sherman, stats are through the roof, so don't some of you take the high road. You have to take the good with the bad, however you may define those categories.

We've also historically seen the warmth and supportive tone surrounding posts show a noticeable decrease with the rise and fall of our main wind season. It's normal.

It's possible that in the last year or two my influence and participation has not been what it has been in the past, but I've got a lot going on. Seriously. But, we've been working hard to find ways to keep the site going well into the future.

What does it mean when I say keep the site going?

Primarily it means finding someone to maintain the stoke and interest in something that has been created to serve the local community with the purpose of continuing the sharing and preserving the resource which is a result of 10+ years online. All the info and discussion is still here and we'll make sure it will continue to be. This site was here when 80%-90% of you started kiting and will continue to be for everyone int he future. I still get feedback about how helpful the site has been for so many.

I guess I'm saying that although a topic or two may disappoint you, there is no other local resource as valuable as this, the info within is important and I think in it's absence the sport would not be as well off locally. You'll end up like SoCal!

And don't mess with mbzporvida, he's just saving everyone an extra click and new window opening to see a vid!