Thurs/Mon

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
NCKite_Ryder
Resident
Resident
Re: Thurs/Mon

Post by NCKite_Ryder » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:17 pm

bring your wet gear and a 9m (no baggage fees). You can demo a board from one of the shops... I wouldn't bring a 12M, 12m kiting this time of year is lousy, imo. If the storm rolls in on Monday there may be some southerlies to have. Oh shit, you just reminded me Monday is a Holiday, booya!

I don't always get the opportunity to ride southerlies at OB... but when I do its freaking epic!
6,8,10,12 RPM's
2010 UG FLX
2012 Firewire Flexfire Strapless

NorthCoastKiter -

etxxz
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by etxxz » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:46 pm

Sounds good John.... telling you dude, leave you kites home Lo)%

I run a 4/3 year round.. i do wear booties in the winter (now) or my feet go numb after an hour in the water. i'll even wear my diver gloves when its super cold out. Going to pm you my contact!

juandesooka
Contributor
Contributor

Post by juandesooka » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:46 pm

3 kites out at Crissy this afternoon. 17m with a raceboard, 17m with a foil, 13m with foil. Blowing 10-12kts I'd guess. If I was home I'd have given it a try with my 12m, probably end up riding and hiking. But then wind died, 1 foil guy made it downwind, other guy still out there when I left. So, good thing I didn't have my gear! Saved from own foolhardiness once again. ;-)

tgautier
Regular
Regular

Post by tgautier » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:34 pm

You'd have ended up as a statistic. Those riders are experts at both kiting and Crissy.

No disrespect to you but there is about zero chance you'd have fared well not knowing the spot in such spotty conditions.

Loscocco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Loscocco » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:42 pm

tgautier wrote:You'd have ended up as a statistic. Those riders are experts at both kiting and Crissy.

No disrespect to you but there is about zero chance you'd have fared well not knowing the spot in such spotty conditions.

Yup!
My Photography ==> www.Loscocco.com
Kites:Ocean Rodeo: Flites and Razors
Boards:Ocean Rodeo: Duke and Spotz Hydrofoil
Eyewear:Kurtis Surf Goggles www.KurtisUSA.com

ozchrisb
SFBA Member
SFBA Member

Post by ozchrisb » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:08 pm

It was a lot harder than it looked out there today. You have the kite sizes wrong too :) Foils are winning in the light wind for sure though!

jwest21
SFBA Member
SFBA Member

Post by jwest21 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:37 pm

I saw a man here in Maui rocking the foil like a master today. My girlfriend thought her eyes were deceiving her before she asked me how the hell that guy was floating above the water. I wonder how long until a shark gets curious, takes a bite, and really regrets it?
Sold all my gear; ebbs and flows; see you next season.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein

NCKite_Ryder
Resident
Resident

Post by NCKite_Ryder » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:27 am

careful out there... some agro landlords in Maui this year.

http://www.fox19.com/story/23847152/bre ... maui-beach
6,8,10,12 RPM's
2010 UG FLX
2012 Firewire Flexfire Strapless

NorthCoastKiter -

victor
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by victor » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:25 am

now that it's closer it looks like there is a pretty good chance there will be wind at the coast and it could make it into the bay.

bring gear. i've "golf bagged" many times. only once did someone say it wasn't golf equipment and let me go after a short discussion.. just keep it under 50#. for me that's 2 kites, 1 board, harness, helmet, wetsuit. some people get 3 kites. my bag must be on the heavy side.

or fly virgin if you can. i've heard there's no limit on kite or windsurf equipment.

etxxz
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by etxxz » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:56 pm

victor wrote:now that it's closer it looks like there is a pretty good chance there will be wind at the coast and it could make it into the bay.

bring gear. i've "golf bagged" many times. only once did someone say it wasn't golf equipment and let me go after a short discussion.. just keep it under 50#. for me that's 2 kites, 1 board, harness, helmet, wetsuit. some people get 3 kites. my bag must be on the heavy side.

or fly virgin if you can. i've heard there's no limit on kite or windsurf equipment.
he already came and went, but thanks for trying Lo)%

missed the wind by a week.