Cabrinha Customer support = big letdown

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
biba
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Cabrinha Customer support = big letdown

Post by biba » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:44 am

I purchased a 2014 Switchblade and I have a question about their written instructions on using the safety leash and secondary release (it's a bit contradictory).

I wrote them using the ticket system on their site, after almost a week my ticket is still in "new" status, meaning none looked at it. I followed up with another ticket... no go.

Seriously? Does anyone know how to get a hold of them? I'm very deflated about Cabrinha... JJ))

PS: If anyone is really familiar with the 2014 iXL bar, the user manual states: for secondary release to function properly you must have the Leash attached. Honestly, the leash doesn't need to be attached since the secondary release is built into the chicken loop. Cabrinha states that the leash is only used when doing unhooked tricks to avoid loosing the kite. The secondary release on the chicken loop will totally detach you from the safety 1x flagging line if needs be, and the presence of the leash does nothing to it. I need to clarify this contradiction, why they say you must have the leash attached for it to function properly?

Rob
Regular
Regular

Post by Rob » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:54 am

Instructions? Oooooh you're putting a book case together.

biba
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re:

Post by biba » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:31 am

Rob wrote:Instructions? Oooooh you're putting a book case together.
Funny.. not.. considering it's the first time you ever saw a safety system with 2 releases built into the chicken loop, you'd ask yourself how'd it work and what's the purpose of the safety leash anymore and at least read the book. Don't wanna step out at 3rd and learn the hard way how the new stuff works.

All else, troll away, book case build it is :).

tgautier
Regular
Regular

Post by tgautier » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:37 am

Use the leash - I've had my chicken loop pop of my hook before. Never with a Cabrinha it's a solid design but other brands.

Still - you don't want to tempt fate. Unless you fancy the idea of your kite blowing away from you towards nasty sharp rocks.

Rob
Regular
Regular

Post by Rob » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:38 am

Lol, go see Steve gunner at 3rd or Ramsey Kung foo panda. They will be glad to help you on all cab related issues.

biba
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re:

Post by biba » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:43 am

Rob wrote:Lol, go see Steve gunner at 3rd or Ramsey Kung foo panda. They will be glad to help you on all cab related issues.
Sweet, thanks Rob

sanjose_kiter
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Cabrinha Customer support = big letdown

Post by sanjose_kiter » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:52 am

I switched from Cabrihna to Ozone and had never looked back.
PS: I am not affiliated with Ozone in any way.

le noun
Old School
Old School

Post by le noun » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:24 pm

sanjose_kiter wrote:I switched from Cabrihna to Ozone and had never looked back.
PS: I am not affiliated with Ozone in any way.
I like it when people ask a simple question and other people respond with:" just switch to my brand bro". :mrgreen:
Anyhow... What rob said: go see Ramsey at the lower launch. He will help you. :)
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

steve
Regular
Regular

Post by steve » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:35 pm

Biba:

sorry, I wrote a thorough and complete response to your question, yet due to pilot error it did not post ;(

bottom line:
the kite leash has nothing to due with the properly functioning QR1 and QR2
I didn't find anything contradictory in the overdrive 1X manual, although could be a bit confusing
the leash is there if your depower loop accidentally comes un hooked from your harness hook, or purposely if you ride unhooked. I

I'm usually at 3rd Ave (lower launch) and I'd be please to answer any and all of your Cabrinha questions. Just let me know when you will be there; 650-483-4520, stevengunn@comcast.net I can meet you there if it's windy or not.

ENJOY your 2014 Cabrinha SB...never produced one betta
steve
steve

biba
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by biba » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:56 pm

Thanks Steve. Please see the image i attached. They state "you must have the leash attached to use Stage 2 depower". That's the contradictory part. Appreciate your thoughts.