Alameda's missing concrete block buoys.

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
windhorny
Old School
Old School
Alameda's missing concrete block buoys.

Post by windhorny » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:48 pm

Just a warning. Today i came as close to a serious injury on the water as I ever have kiting. It was pretty gusty and I did a huge jump with a frontroll downloop and found myself landing directly over that first concrete inlet block in front of the shack. I knew I couldnt avoid it and had to try my best to slide my board over it. I knew I could do that since I had to but wasnt sure if the fins would get caught in the grate or what would happen with all those barnacles. I very luckily slid over the block and hit water face first. NOT good at all! i am extremely lucky. I am posting this just as a reminder that someone stole my friggin buoys and cable. I got 6 of them so I will bring one to the shack and ask them to install it. Be careful, it has been really gusty, low tide and those blocks have no markers! even though I know those blocks are there it is sometimes not so easy to tell where they are.

Rob
Regular
Regular

Post by Rob » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:18 am

Hey buddy from what I heard they just came undone and drifted down. Why nobody went after them is weird. But maybe they are down by your place or in the bird area.

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Re: Alameda's missing concrete block buoys.

Post by windhorny » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:30 am

Someone at the shack mentioned they were floating up in the marina. I used stainless cable with crimps this time. hard to believe they could come loose in only a year. Regardless they need to be put back every year for whatever reason. I have 2-3 more left from the box of 6 I bought a few years back. In the meantime just be careful with that thing. It has potential to really harsh someone's mellow if they were to hit it.

On a separate note, I gotta say how impressed I am with my new carbon Axis board as it didnt scrape it much when landing on it. Tough stuff whatever is on the bottom of these boards.