Shout out to Sandy @ Kitopia and my friends for the rescue..

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
sc-surfer
Resident
Resident

Post by sc-surfer » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:11 pm

Thanks to Sandy from Kitopia for picking me up in the channel at Sherman, giving me a ride over to Kite Island and basically brokering a ride back to Sherm for me after I had a harness failure!

Thanks to Kirk (windmuch) for dragging my board back down to the launch.

Thanks to Alex for making multiple attempts to drag me and my kite downwind but up current. He made a valiant effort. Lesson learned.... at max ebb it is almost impossible to drag another kiter downwind....leading to the boat ride by Sandy.

Thanks also the the boat crew that ultimately gave me a ride from Kite Island down to the boat ramp.

Overall a crazy afternoon but thanks to the great community of kiters it all ended well with cold beers and everyone and everything accounted for.

Y'all rock!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin

Re: Shout out to Sandy @ Kitopia and my friends for the resc

Post by WindMuch » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:41 pm

As I always say with kiting: "It's all good, until it isn't."

Things happen fast in this sport and there really aren't any secondary systems to take over when something breaks. We're totally dependent on our kites, lines, bridles. Even your harness (as Monte learned on Sunday) is super critical! Without any one part, we're kinda screwed.

Glad there was a crew around for ya Monte. You'd do the same for us in a heartbeat!

Kirk out

sc-surfer
Resident
Resident

Post by sc-surfer » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:49 am

But...there is one part in Kiting you can count on...good friends and fellow kiters!! Check your friendships and keep them in good condition. Never know when you'll need them!!

Thanks all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD