3rd upper launch erosion - done 2016

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
MehYam
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Re: 3rd upper launch erosion - done 2016

Post by MehYam » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:44 pm

First my hair, then my gums, now my 3rd ave launch is receding. In the worst case scenario, does the launch area effectively just get pushed to the South?

stompdit
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by stompdit » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:59 pm

I hear we're going to have some awesome butter slicks at 3rd upper in a few years. =-

firstfishon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by firstfishon » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:29 pm

This is the last time this issue came up,last week a fellow kiter voiced his concern about the shrinking beach launch and I could not remember when the last discussion so I'm bringing it up. The lower launch is being worked on as we speak but nothing has been done with the upper aside from the personal donations of sand and concrete bags (Thank You) there have not been much or at all concerns from the public agencies. I'd like to invite ideas to start a communication with the right people that can help makeThird Ave Upper kite beach a better and safer beach.One idea was to develope 4 acres; increase elevation by 18" and have some kind of errosion control to keep the edges from washing away. This would be monumental! Thank You All!!

behindThePeak
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by behindThePeak » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:50 am

a pier. we need a pier. a nice big, wide, chop-blocking, butter-making pier from the trail to the channel marker.

from what i've heard, there's too much red tape in the way of saving the beach. let it go. if you're gonna take on the bureaucracy you might as well dream big and get on board with the pier plan people.
Last edited by behindThePeak on Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tknighty
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tknighty » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:42 am

Yes...we are pier people now!
Using Tapatalk