Sherman 4th of July Week

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
etxxz
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Re: Sherman 4th of July Week

Post by etxxz » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:35 pm

no cuatro de salsa? _>:<

sloughslut
Resident
Resident

Post by sloughslut » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:59 am

:text-threadjacked:
Riding used and closeout kites and boards from e-bay,craigslist,ikitesurf, and local surf shops.Now riding home made foils

le noun
Old School
Old School

Post by le noun » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:44 pm

Ikitesurf is forecasting a marine surge starting wednesday/thursday, if that's the case it should be plenty of wind at Sherman...
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

Yoda
Resident
Resident

Post by Yoda » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:31 pm

!
Last edited by Yoda on Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yoda
Resident
Resident

Post by Yoda » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:39 pm

!
Last edited by Yoda on Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sloughslut
Resident
Resident

Post by sloughslut » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:20 am

Yoda wrote:
Picture it... kids, parents, dogs, and a lot of low class people walking around inebriated and/or high in the launch area, the beach area, and in the water where we take off.
These people don't care about us kiters one bit, so don't think you can reason with them... especially when they're inebriated. Remember that a lot of these people have guns and/or knives and have no problem with using them
This sounds like the normal kiters that are there anyway Lo)% but you forgot kites and lines everywhere ,people hoging parking spots with chairs and coolers,pumps being stolen, freestyle contest at the beach :::)
Riding used and closeout kites and boards from e-bay,craigslist,ikitesurf, and local surf shops.Now riding home made foils

Aloha
Old School
Old School

Post by Aloha » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:26 am

Sounds like the Club Life 4th of July Sherman weekend is back on

Here's a little preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YCOT5LasKc[/video]

le noun
Old School
Old School

Post by le noun » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:05 am

Yoda wrote:
le noun wrote:Ikitesurf is forecasting a marine surge starting wednesday/thursday, if that's the case it should be plenty of wind at Sherman...
If you go, make sure to bring a bullet proof vest. :violence-ak47:
Enjoy navigating the "trash" at the beach and in the water. Sherman is sooooo much fun during 4th of July.
Don't be surprised if you encounter this... :angry-argument:
I thought Sherman was like any other spot: usually, when you you hit the mid 20's the beach goers are gone...
I don't kite on weekends, but is it supposed to be packed even during the week? damn...
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

recoprianto
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by recoprianto » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:24 pm

Yoda wrote:I just want to make it clear that I'm not joking around nor trying to deter anyone so we can have it all to ourselves!
Even if the wind blows next week, Sherman is notorious for experiencing a lot of "trash" during this holiday. I've been fooled before thinking it would be great. Man I was so wrong. Tried it again the following year and as the saying goes... fool me twice, shame on me.

Picture it... kids, parents, dogs, and a lot of low class people walking around inebriated and/or high in the launch area, the beach area, and in the water where we take off.
These people don't care about us kiters one bit, so don't think you can reason with them... especially when they're inebriated. Remember that a lot of these people have guns and/or knives and have no problem with using them.

Don't believe me? Check this thread, which was not a joke as was thought...
https://www.bayareakiteboarding.com/for ... hilit=gang

This same shit can happen any time at Sherman especially on the weekend when the wind is light, but big holidays like July 4th will change the landscape of people at Sherman to very sketchy crowd.:-(

As I had stated, it would be best to avoid Sherman until after the holiday period is over. ;-)
I'll be there kiting my ass off. After 5 weeks of lower back problems, all systems are go. Marine surge means the pain is in the mail. I'll bring my 6m just in case...

Progression City is having a party and I will be attending.

guidoz
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by guidoz » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:17 pm

Yoda wrote:I just want to make it clear that I'm not joking around nor trying to deter anyone so we can have it all to ourselves!
to me that is exactly what it sounds like. You would love to have the place for yourself. It will not work, the wind will most likely be good and people will show up, whether you like it or not. Sorry dude. ;-)