Windwing Kites

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Windwing C+S
Windwing R&D

Post by Windwing C+S » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:19 pm

dewey wrote:Thanks wilzone. I also left a message for Mike Pauly. Is he out as well?? Will call your tech guys next week.

jowall - got mine in less than 2 weeks. That was with the upgraded shipping. Could take up to six weeks from hong kong standard.
Hi Dewey, Mike is off till next week. Boarding Bob will be back in the office on Friday. He was in Florida doing demos. You can also email him at Bob Wendler <boardingbob@windwing.com> right now.

John B is in Baja till the 9th doing a photoshoot with Flash Austin.

By the way, we appologize the lack of a user's manual. It was delayed and is being printed in China now. We will have them available after the 24th and will send you a copy. Thanks for the patience!

Windwing C+S

Kiteboardstud25
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kiteboardstud25 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:41 pm

Dewey thats exactly how mine were. About 3 inches too long when the red ball was pulled tight. Not sure what should be done but let me know what you do.

Windwing C+S

SAFE Bridle install

Post by Windwing C+S » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:29 pm

Kiteboardstud25 wrote:Dewey thats exactly how mine were. About 3 inches too long when the red ball was pulled tight. Not sure what should be done but let me know what you do.
Hi Chico, Boarding Bob will be back on Friday and can talk you through this. The red ball should be right against the front ring when pulled tight when the rear pictail with knot is pulled tight. Three inches is NOT correct.

Things to double check:
1) If you got several kite sizes, please make sure that you do not mix up the lines. Each kite size has it's own uniquely measured Safe system bridles.
2) Make sure the bridle lines are double wrapped around the front ring. (IF you don't have the print out go to http://windwing.com/KiteboardingInstructions and download P-2 SAFE Bridle install) This is a step by step instructions on the installation of the lines.

Sorry the manual was not ready with your order. We will send it to you as soon as we get copies here.

Windwing C+S

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:26 am

Ahhh, the beauty of direct sales (with translated manuals). It reminds me of a windsurfing ad I once read... "this is a sinking-only fun-board designed for extream maneouvers in Force 3"...

Only your hairdresser knows for sure. (But, hair grows back.)

To all my friends who have these kites: don't launch them until you have this stuff sorted out... please?

This is not to be negative, "if in doubt, don't go out!"
Go bigga'

wilzone
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wilzone » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:34 am

fearlu wrote:Ahhh, the beauty of direct sales (with translated manuals). It reminds me of a windsurfing ad I once read... "this is a sinking-only fun-board designed for extream maneouvers in Force 3"...

To all my friends who have these kites: don't launch them until you have this stuff sorted out... please?

This is not to be negative, "if in doubt, don't go out!"
The manuals were written by Americans in America. They will be printed overseas. But I agree with your general assessment. Don't fly until things are looking and working correctly.

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:29 pm

If I need to fly them I'll do it in regular mode. Thanks Fearlu
Dewey

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:32 pm

fearlu wrote:Ahhh, the beauty of direct sales (with translated manuals). It reminds me of a windsurfing ad I once read... "this is a sinking-only fun-board designed for extream maneouvers in Force 3"...

Great quote, D. Looks like they had Fishing, Boogie-Boarding and Video Games all wrapped into one.

You kinda lost me on the hairdresser one, though. Isn't that someone people normally confide in?

O

jowall
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by jowall » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:10 pm

I came home to 3 new WW kites today! I ordered these exactly 1 week ago and they arrived from Hong Kong. Can't wait to test them out but will look closely the bridle length. I believe marin was taking his to costa rica this week...will be interesting to get his feedback.

Mogulski

Red ball on Relaunch system?

Post by Mogulski » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:17 am

I just hooked up my relaunch system and noticed there is a red ball on that as well. The ball is located between the metal ring and the sleeve on the outside of the kite. Is this normal?

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:28 pm

Kiteboardstud25

I found out the problem with my SAFE bridle. Someone put the wrong instructions in the wrong bag. It wasn't until I emailed Bob and sent him pictures that we figured it out. The white bridle is the SAFE bridle. Got it all set up now, and it looks good. So where's the wind I want to test these bad boys out.

Dewey
Dewey