Impressed with the Litewave CarbonKICK Twintip

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
nick_80044
Regular
Regular
Impressed with the Litewave CarbonKICK Twintip

Post by nick_80044 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:09 pm

I rode the Toll Plaza today--KGB Kiteboarding hosted a big demo day which included Litewave boards. I tried the Litewave CarbonKICK. Wow--what an awesome design! You put your feet in the straps and "Memory Foam"-like cushions mold themselves to the shape of your feet. I've never tried one of the attached-boot wakeboard-type boards, but I imagine this is what they feel like. My feet felt like "part of the board" and the comfort and added sense of control were amazing. My regular board is nice but there's a bit of wiggle room in the straps and they definitely lack that "molded to your feet" feeling.

I don't really need another board right now but I would seriously consider at least getting the pads which are sold separately. I'm curious to know your thoughts if you ride this setup.

I have no business connection to Litewave, I just wanted to share my experience.

Vinnie

litewavedave
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Impressed with the Litewave CarbonKICK Twintip

Post by litewavedave » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:02 pm

Thanks Vinnie, FYI, we do sell the Foot Lock System (FLS) seperately. Fits any board. They're so unique, that I patented them.
-DAve

adamrod
Old School
Old School

Post by adamrod » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:43 pm

Hey Dave, can you post a link to the patent? Just curious, I've seen you mention a patent on your design a few times, but can't seem to find it in a patent search...

what's the patent number?
Liquid Force Kites/Boards
ShredReady Helmets

m.moerschel
Joey
Joey

Post by m.moerschel » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:59 pm

Demoed the CarbonKick today. Really great board. Super nice through the chop, flies upwind and nice soft landings. Great pop and super comfy footstraps. You should give it a try. Dave is around for demos just hit him up

litewavedave
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by litewavedave » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:13 pm

Adamrod, ask my attorney, Alex Chen 949-250-1555.....he can give you the patent number if you need it. Not sure why you would.