Wife is awesome and your reco are welcome

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Ron
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Ron » Tue May 07, 2013 1:37 pm

We were supposed to spend the last week of May in Tahoe to hike, mountain bike and chill. It's a neat place especially when you have an active dog! We're on $100/night budget and the place we were supposed to rent indicated that the advertized price was incorrect and it is now $130/night. Everything else in our budget looks crappy (always went to Tahoe with groups so we're used to the Chalet lifestyle I guess). So here's where the amazing meets the awesome:

My wife proposed "We should rent a place in central california so you can kite and/or surf and I can learn to surf"...so I need to finalize this offer pretty damn quickly before it goes away!!

So I am asking you my fellow kiteboarders and aspiring surfers of your recommendations in central california which are dog friendly (leash free beaches), has surf rentals and is expected to be windy in May...with inexpensive accomodations. Something like OB except it's away from the city!

On a different note, this may be the opportunity to try the Gorge...

WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin

Post by WindMuch » Tue May 07, 2013 3:23 pm

You might check out the Pismo area. Good kiting and the surf can be fun. I believe there are surfboard rentals/lessons near the Pismo pier and if the surf is too big or its too windy, you can go up to Avila beach just a few miles to the North.

In terms of dog-friendly lodging, send a PM to 'Stewart' here on BAK - he was there with his wife and dogs for the kite expo last month.

Kirk out

Ron
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Wife is awesome and your reco are welcome

Post by Ron » Wed May 08, 2013 11:43 am

The :( window has closed and it won't be a kite vacation

etxxz
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by etxxz » Wed May 08, 2013 11:44 am

OH NOES!!!

that was a big one to fight for. imagine the day where your wife tells you to wrap it cause she wants to kite or surf "?%#

i'll hold on to that dream for now.. gotta work on getting her in the water first lol

sc-surfer
Resident
Resident

Post by sc-surfer » Wed May 08, 2013 11:54 am

Keep Santa Cruz on your list for the future! We live on a dog friendly beach with mellow wind and good waves and Wadell is 20 min awAy. Plenty of rentals of all kinds and overall pretty cheap if you want it to be.

jowall
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by jowall » Thu May 09, 2013 6:50 am

Ron, sounds like you got teased. No kiting now, she's gonna have to make it up to you....