Toll Plaza 2013 - How's it going to be?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
rvv
Regular
Regular
Re: Toll Plaza 2013 - How's it going to be?

Post by rvv » Sun May 19, 2013 10:50 am

I spoke to Matt at windalert I will be submitting photos and contact info for the installation point as well.
I was told by Ikite that the individual responsible for sensor locations in this area killed TP as a possible spot last year. He did not state a reason but just said they decided against it? I explained that more people do not go there because they do not know how to read the wind and a sensor would open this access up quite a bit. And in addition I stated that we, a kite school use this spot daily.
Perhaps revisiting the thread is not a bad idea. I will do what I can to make this a reality...been trying for 3 years now NJ** NJ** NJ**
Royce V
KGBswag

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sun May 19, 2013 2:41 pm

At the northwest end of the beach there's a gated site with a building and rv which seem to be part of the assembly of the three smaller antennae towers. It appears to have both power and phone lines. I don't know who owns and maintains it though.

androka
SFBA Member
SFBA Member

Post by androka » Sun May 19, 2013 8:15 pm

Went to Toll Plaza after Berkeley decided to go schizo, should have gone there first. Had a pleasant second session there on my new Zian 12M which I now like.

nick_80044
Regular
Regular

Post by nick_80044 » Mon May 20, 2013 12:27 am

androka wrote:Went to Toll Plaza after Berkeley decided to go schizo, should have gone there first. Had a pleasant second session there on my new Zian 12M which I now like.
How was the wind? I went there at about 2 p.m. and decided against it---there were no other kiters, the tide was super low requiring a long walk to the water, and there were a couple of questionable looking people there. So I headed to Berkeley and an invigorating 8-minute session. +*!@

Would've tried TP again but it seems like things were winding down.