Cabrinha Kites Promo Vid

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
OliverG
Old School
Old School
Re: Cabrinha Kites Promo Vid

Post by OliverG » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:31 pm

steve wrote:YES; WELCOME Chris!
I look forward to working with you to increase Cabrinha's presence from Benicia to SI :)
steve
Hey Steve, looks like Cabrinha has some hybrid and bridled c-kites now. What's up with the Vector? And 2013 Switchblade? Does it fall into the "bow" category and what does that mean these days?

steve
Regular
Regular

Post by steve » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:26 pm

Ollie:

The bridled C kite is the Chaos...and it's sweet. It's the one the Alberto Rondina used in the PKRA to get to the Podium in 2012

The Switchblade is still a Bow Kite (Bruno's patent) but totally redesigned for 2013. Bow basically = LE and trailing edge have same arch/curve=efficiency, plus some other stuff. Bar pressure is considerably lighter, kite for sure is faster, relaunches even easier, and has a bit less power than equivalent size from previous year...maybe about 1/4 size less. Still is Dre's choice.

Vector is really a nice kite...about $200 less per size than the SB. I really like it in the smaller sizes. Because of it's smooth power delivery, stability, speed, it is the choice of Jason Stone, wakeskater extraordinaire. Haven't heard alot about it as unfortunately it got dubbed as a beginner kite because alot of schools use it as well as the SB, and that Cabrinha dropped previous models thought to be beginner kites. It's a three strut kite.

When you get a chance, it's time you give them a ride...I've got them all including the Drifter...totally awesome wave kite...practically impossible to get it to backstall :=))

more than you probably wanted to know...hope you are well
steve

Yoda
Resident
Resident

Post by Yoda » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:55 pm

Any word if Cabrinha and/or their rep is going to be traveling through Nor CA this season for a demo tour? It's been several years since I've seen that take place other than them being at Kite Expo which is not in Nor CA.
It's great that KiteNaked is willing to get out there and promote their brands, as dealers should be connecting with their consumers locally, but I'm still wondering where all of the kite reps are? Why aren't they getting out here?
Like Zgur said (which should be directed specifically at the reps)... "You boys need to get over the hill to the promised land and get a little more presence there". I.e. Get out there and represent!!!

ramsey
Resident
Resident

Post by ramsey » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:10 pm

Yoda, where is here???? You can demo cabrinha gear nearly any day in the summer at 3rd ave. Not sure if you consider that nor cal? I kite a fair number of places( 3rd, crissy,OB,waddell,Sherman) and ride cabrinha. I don't have a problem letting a competent rider try my board or kite. I ride switchblades, squad and custom with boots. In fact, ill even let an incompetent rider try my board :-)

Yoda
Resident
Resident

Post by Yoda » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:59 pm

ramsey wrote:Yoda, where is here????
Here - as in ALL of Nor CA. Not specifically just one spot like 3rd Ave.
It's great that I can go to 3rd to demo Cabs (news to me) or SI to demo RRDs. However my stomping ground is SI, Folsom and the coast, so I have no interest in having to go somewhere where I don't kite that often to demo kites... especially a place like 3rd or Crissy.
What I want to see is a TOUR that travels to ALL of the "key" kiting spots from the Bay to the Delta and maybe even Folsom on occasion when the N winds become predictable in the spring.
Bottom line: I along with many others share the same sentiment... We want to demo kites where we kite!!! ;-)

Aloha
Old School
Old School

Post by Aloha » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:07 am

What is the Folsom Lake season anyway?

Yoda at Sherman this summer when you walk down that red (tattered / sandy beige?) carpet and the peanut gallery asks you who you are wearing I want you to just tell them one name:

"Ricci."

kitenaked
Old School
Old School

Post by kitenaked » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:09 am

Outside of any scheduled demos, there are many opportunities and sources in SF Bay for demo of most brands.

We will cover Benicia and Sherman for Cabrinha. Coast and Folsom will be more a one on one approach. Just ask and we will make it happen.
Chris

Kite Naked
Benicia Kite and Paddle Sports
4562 East 2nd Street, Unit J & K
Benicia, CA 94510

209-304-2200

http://www.kitenaked.com
Slingshot

steve
Regular
Regular

Post by steve » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:54 pm

OK yoda (i think it's mark, right?)

was going to stay out of commenting on this tour thing...BUT;
no...most likely you will not see me at Folsom

yes, my hangout is 3rd, and the kites are available to give a try practically anytime

all of the shops in Bay Area have my cell number 650-483-4520, so now you have it as well. They have been instructed to give it to any kiter that wishes to contact me about setting up a "private" demo, or just have a question about Cabrinha

I think I was at SI at least 4 times last year when i pumped up a few kites for people to try. What I have noticed, is that when one kite company announces they are going to do a demo at SI..at least 2-3 more show up. Not only does this cause congestion problems in the rigging area as well as the launch, I have more respect for the other mfgs than to encroach on their time.

I have met riders at Crissy, OB, Dunes, Waddell, and Scott's to try the Cabrinha...i probably will not be going to the coast North of the GG.

So, look for me at 3rd, SI, Alameda, and "southern coast." Or just call to set up an opportunity to try the equipment.
You can also contact Chris at Kite Naked as he has indicated in a previous post that he would assist you

Oh, I also go to SoCal about every five weeks visiting shops and doing demos at mostly Belmont, but also San Diego if there is wind.

So, that's it...probably will not see an over hyped tour on my part
steve

Yoda
Resident
Resident

Post by Yoda » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:29 pm

Thanks for chiming in Steve. I was informed that you're actually the regional manufacture rep for Cab. All this time I thought you were just a regional ambassador for the brand, nothing more. You definitely fooled me... which brings me to my next topic.

I recently had a discussion with somebody, that's been around the windsurf & kite scene for a long while now, about how the kite industry is a lot less organized than other action sports industries. I didn't realize that there were basically three schools of thought on how to represent a kite brand.

The first school of thought is what I'm most familiar with, which is a manufacture rep that tours around in there own vehicle or a company vehicle and travels to various kite spots and shops in a given territory to perform demos, support events and interact with consumers. Several companies practice this type of representation and you can easily see how that has positively impacted their sales in this region.

The second school of thought is what Cab and RRD have done locally. The idea is to be a stationary representative at a local "hot" spot and have people come to you for demos, questions and general interaction. While this can work in some areas, I found that this school of thought is not the best for our region because we have so many consistent & popular spots that are regularly frequented by kiters.

The third school of thought is what Switch has implemented where you have no dealers, no reps, no organized demos or events to promote your brand. What they've done to have an "element of representation" is to create an ambassador program that's supposed to allow consumers access to these regional riders so they can see/demo product or ask questions. So far this concept doesn't seem to have worked out too smoothly imo and has somewhat been abused.

Bottom line is for now it's gonna require a lot more work for consumers to get a chance to check out product before they buy. Dealers are also going to have take some initiative and get creative with demos and events like Kite Naked is doing to make up for the lack or poor representation from the manufactures.

Hopefully as this sport evolves, the kite companies will get more organized over time, but for now I'm only going to support the brands that are really working the hardest to promote their brand, their products, and their stoke locally!!!

Oh Btw... A demo at Folsom lake was just wishful thinking on my part. Realistically I'd be shocked if any brand took the time to venture out to Folsom. ;-)