Dates and itinerary for Caribbean kite cruise

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
windrider99
Contributor
Contributor
Dates and itinerary for Caribbean kite cruise

Post by windrider99 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:15 pm

I'm looking for other kiters interested in sailing and kiting in the Caribbean this spring.

I'm planning to charter a 47-foot Catamaran for a kite cruise in the Eastern Caribbean from April 17-May 11 2013. The plan is to start in Tortola in the British Virgin Islands and then visit Anegada and Virgin Gorda for a week or so of kiting. Then we'll sail to St. Martin and visit kite spots there and on the nearby islands of Anguilla and St. Barts.

The boat is a large comfortable cruising catamaran with 4 double cabins, 4 bathrooms, a galley/dining area, and a spacious cockpit. I've done several cruises to those islands in similar boats so I know that area well. In addition to kiting we can snorkle, dive, sightsee, and enjoy many great beach bars and restaurants.

The cost of the boat comes to $125 per cabin per night. Share a cabin with a friend and its just $62.50 per person per night. You can join the cruise for as many days as you wish -- just fly into either the Tortola or St. Martin airports and we'll arrange to meet up.

For further information, email me at bassailor at gmail dot com.

Howard

tgautier
Regular
Regular

Post by tgautier » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:54 am

This sounds awesome. Doing something like this is on my list and doing it with someone that knows the ropes a bit would be advantageous.

Unfortunately our baby is due 4/3 so leaving just a few weeks after that for the Carribbean doesn't seem like it will work.

y2kbug
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Dates and itinerary for Caribbean kite cruise

Post by y2kbug » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:11 pm

I would love to join in for the last week of April. Please PM me with details if this is still on.

Red_Element_Andy
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Dates and itinerary for Caribbean kite cruise

Post by Red_Element_Andy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:44 pm

I'm also interested --- have experience sailing Catana cats up to 47' - so can contribute as a crew as well.

Any chance to jump in for just a week?

-Andy