Kiteboarding instructor wanted.

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
kitejacare
Kiteboarding instructor wanted.

Post by kitejacare » Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:55 pm

Is there anybody who would be willing to give me a 2 hour land and water lesson for $75? I'd expect to at least learn how to fly the kite, body drag, self rescue, self/assisted launch/relaunch/land and learn how to drag/move upwind.

I respect most schools out there but their prices are kind of high for my budget right now. I have my own equipment, know the risks and liability is on me (just hide my kite and body to avoid media attention).

You can reach me at 415-674-8807.

Cheers!

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:35 pm

I can appreciate your enthusiasm and willingness to learn the sport, however qualified instruction is not something you should skimp on. You'll be entering into a sport that can have grave consequences for errant actions. Please consider spending the money for qualified instruction. You can find listings of local schools at

https://www.bayareakiteboarding.com/lessons.htm

Kiteman
Joey
Joey

Post by Kiteman » Sat May 08, 2004 12:16 pm

Your enthusiasm is indeed typical and commendable. I think we all still retain a taste of that! However your list of topics is considerable beginning with learning to fly a kite! This alone is a lifetime endeavor best begun with a trainer kite and as much time as you can manage to spend practicing with it. (I travel with mine). Once that skill has been embarked upon the others will follow but it will take more than two hours to adequately cover your list of topics!

kitejacare

appreciate the comments

Post by kitejacare » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:09 pm

I ended up taking a professional land and water lesson at Alameda and I found the lessons to be essential. Had I learned Kitesurfing by myself or in a 2 hour lesson like I wanted, I'd still be body dragging after several hours on the beach. The 5 hour lesson saved me not only learning time but also showed me safety methods that can someday save my life.

For all beginners out there, pay the money for your lessons, they are worth it.

Cheers!!!