full 5 tower cable park in sacramento!!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
kitenaked
Old School
Old School
Re: full 5 tower cable park in sacramento!!

Post by kitenaked » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:01 am

neither sounds good....at least right now.

I hurt my ribs in maui and the thought of falling on them again doesn't sound so good...

Crunched them on my left side. Most pain is next to my sternum and along my spine...

Hurts the worst during sleep unless I load up on alot of Ibuprofens and norco's...I prefer pain vs the drugs.

When i heal, I am in!! But of course with an impact vest.
Chris

Kite Naked
Benicia Kite and Paddle Sports
4562 East 2nd Street, Unit J & K
Benicia, CA 94510

209-304-2200

http://www.kitenaked.com
Slingshot

yojimbo
Regular
Regular

Post by yojimbo » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:18 pm

ramsey
Resident
Resident

Post by ramsey » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:42 pm

CABLE! If you want to go surf there are plenty of OB threads on this board! JQI* JQI* JQI* JQI*

stompdit
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by stompdit » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:01 pm

I rode one of those "standing waves" many years ago, and it's nothing like surfing. It's mostly a gimmick to attract tourists and kids. If you surf, kitesurf, or wake surf, I doubt you will be very impressed when you hop on it.
NCKite_Ryder wrote:I'd like to get on the fake wave also... sometime in December or January. Cable looks cool but i agree that I will not be going to suckramento for cable. Id rather go skurfing on by friends boat.
It's called wake surfing, and you missed out Saturday.

So stoked on the cable park! I've been bitching about not having one here for years.

NCKite_Ryder
Resident
Resident

Post by NCKite_Ryder » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:50 pm

[quote="stompdit"]
It's called wake surfing, and you missed out Saturday.

I did miss out on Saturday... Racetrack looks promising today!
6,8,10,12 RPM's
2010 UG FLX
2012 Firewire Flexfire Strapless

NorthCoastKiter -

friggin old guy
Regular
Regular

Post by friggin old guy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:44 pm

I hurt my ribs in maui and the thought of falling on them again doesn't sound so good...
Often when you crunch your ribs, you'll pick up a cold. There's nothing worse than sneezing when you've got bad ribs.....you know it's coming.......ah ah achOW. Hope you get better soon. Breath deep even if it hurts.

And the flowrider thing is water projected up a form, not really like a wave......I guess it can be fun but like Adam said.......we're moving into surfing season on the coast, so.....it would seem that the coast would be a better option. Just not OB. There are sharks out there, just look at that sharknet app.

No sharks in sacto, tho

Yoda
Resident
Resident

Post by Yoda » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:38 pm

No sharks in sacto, tho
Actually in Sac there's a different kind of shark found here. Be very aware if you come play in our man-made playground. ";

P.S. To all of those that refer to Sac as Suckramento (which you have to qualify to be allowed to reference Sac in that manor)...
What's up with all of the hatin'? You don't hear me or others on here referring to Sf as San Franshitco, but I could easily go on all day about all of the shit in that city and throughout the Bay. I haven't lived in the Bay area, but I've worked in the Bay area for the last 11+ years, so I feel I'm qualified to call it that if I so intended. However...
I like this forum and most of the people on here, so I don't disrespect where you all live, so why disrespect us? If you "qualify" then it's OK. Do you qualify?
Note: I've been referring to Sac as Suck for eons, but I qualify and regardless I still like living here because I like to do too many outdoor activities. Nowhere in northern CA is there another major city that offers both the proximity and the easy accessibility for more seasonal outdoor activities within a two hours drive. NO WHERE!!! ;-)

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:13 pm

sounds like FUN, wish I could do it, Enjoy-

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:27 pm

yojimbo wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax1pzq3 ... re=related[/video]

This looks insanely fun.
WORD!! I'd love to try that even though it's not really like surfing, waves lift, wrap and push..
I'd really love to surf (regular) and wakeboard again but my body is trashed.. ?'

adamrod
Old School
Old School

Post by adamrod » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:31 am

oh, another reason why those standing wave things aren't fun? when you do it, there's one person on the wave and everyone else is just hoping/praying/yelling at you to fall.

the nice thing about the cable is that pretty much everybody falls after every obstacle, and those that don't fall get too tired after more than 2 or 3 times around. so there's not much waiting.

my first time at the cable, I made a huge mistake. I cruised around for like 10 minutes "just getting the feel" before I hit any kickers or sliders. unfortunately, those 10 minutes made my arms so tired I was useless on the obstacles. I bought 2 hours, and literally only used 30 minutes.

everyone else at the cable was so tired, there was a huge line at the start ramp, but nobody wanted to go, everyone was saying "no, you, first, I insist"
Liquid Force Kites/Boards
ShredReady Helmets