full 5 tower cable park in sacramento!!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
kitet
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Re: full 5 tower cable park in sacramento!!

Post by kitet » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:47 pm

adamrod wrote: everyone else at the cable was so tired, there was a huge line at the start ramp, but nobody wanted to go, everyone was saying "no, you, first, I insist"
Has anyone ever thought of or tried using/developing a harness to use at cable parks? I have never been to one so I do not know if this is a crazy idea, but wouldn't it make easy it to rest your arms in between obstacles. Similar to kite, you would hook in to cruise around, and unhook to hit the sliders, kickers, etc... Crazy idea?

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:28 pm

wake is hoopless-

sc-surfer
Resident
Resident

Post by sc-surfer » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:07 pm

kitet wrote: Has anyone ever thought of or tried using/developing a harness to use at cable parks? I have never been to one so I do not know if this is a crazy idea, but wouldn't it make easy it to rest your arms in between obstacles. Similar to kite, you would hook in to cruise around, and unhook to hit the sliders, kickers, etc... Crazy idea?
Ya. Crazy idea. Imagine being hooked to the boat while wakeboarding. There is no 'depower'. Really bad idea. Also, the passes in a park are so short that there really isn't much time to rest before it's over. Having been a competitive water skier (that alone dates me!) I can tell you that yes, your forearms get tired but if you do it enough you get stronger/used to it. Imagine Popeye!

While I'm not much into wakeboarding, I'm stoked for y'all up in Sac. Sounds like fun!!

MehYam
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by MehYam » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:17 pm

kitet wrote:Crazy idea?

le noun
Old School
Old School

Post by le noun » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:39 am

MehYam wrote:
kitet wrote:Crazy idea?
My thought exactly! :mrgreen:
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:50 am

my friend Windel went waterskiing with a total BOZO one day, As he's trying to get his feet in the dble-wrap ski the BOZO drives the boat around Windel three times before getting bored and taking off for a short race about with the boat....

what saved Windels life was high altitude, starving the motor of 30% of it's power, and Windel grabbing the tow rope with both hands right as the boat took off.... by the time BOZO realized that Windel was what was slowing the boat down, Windel looked like the High Plains Drifter (HUNG 3X)

Windel said having three wraps to FULLY CLAMP ONTO probably saved him from decapitation- (also BOZO stopped the boat after only a few seconds) needless to say we we were all done hanging out with that DUMB FUCK! ====

adamrod
Old School
Old School

Post by adamrod » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:28 am

the thing is, when the cable gets really crowded, you're glad it's so tiring. people are falling all the time, and then they have to walk back around the lake and get back in line, it maintains turnover.

if it was easy, then nobody would fall and the same 5 folks would keep riding around in circles the whole time.

pretty much every kiter on this forum should go. it's excellent cross training. for the wave guys who wanna hit the waves unhooked, for the newbie kiters who want better board skills, and obviously for the wakestyle kiters too.
Liquid Force Kites/Boards
ShredReady Helmets

Yoda
Resident
Resident

Post by Yoda » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:58 am

Personally I would prefer to be pulled by gravity vs a cable during the winter months. Nothing beats surfing down slopes of knee-deep+ powder. I'm confident that Snowkiting is even more fun too. I think I'll pass on the cable park since I have no tolerance to stand in a line with a bunch of poser, trucker hat wearing, wake kids. I'll work on my unhooked riding they way I have always done it... while kiting.
Now if they can find a way to combine a wave pool and a cable park then maybe I could be persuaded. ;-)

WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin

Post by WindMuch » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:20 pm

Do we wear straps at the cable park? (grin)

This is kinda cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYWnLl1bMYA[/video]

le noun
Old School
Old School

Post by le noun » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:05 pm

You can bring your gojoe too I heard.
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D