Got the water at Pond A4 tested.. positive for E. Coli

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
shred_da_gorge
Regular
Regular
Re: Got the water at Pond A4 tested.. positive for E. Coli

Post by shred_da_gorge » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:40 pm

guidoz wrote:I never got sick from 3rd in 8 years. I don't worry about bacteria there, though I do worry about heavy metals and such. I would definitively caution people about the water in Sherman. I had a blood infection from a tiny scratch. Ended up in the emergency with pretty strong antibiotics. It was seriously unreal how a tiny scratch could get that infected. Sherman is horrible. Only A4 is maybe even more horrible ;-)
8 years, what a youngster. And dude, you're a MRSA survivor - that which don't kill ya makes ya stronger! ii() *ju#

The southwesterlies will come and you know you'll be back for more butter... :)

dontfeedthenerd
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by dontfeedthenerd » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:14 pm

No results yet, and I'm not at work tomorrow. Decided to extend my 3 day vacation a bit to get some time at 3rd. I'll definitely post when I get them.

RPskater
Contributor
Contributor

Post by RPskater » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:07 pm

LMG, would love to share a session with you. I'm in China at the moment (7th time since thanksgiving) but will be back Sunday. After that, I would be up for an A4 sess. Hope all is well. I wasn't sure if you stopped kiting for real or not a while back. My assumption is confirmed, its in your blood.

Ron

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:15 am

Ron-
I'm just play'n, I dont intend to ever ride the ponds again, it's ALL yours brother-

Truth is I did get a light case of the creepy-cruds/night sweats when I rode there with you guys years ago. (I have an auto-immune disease, my OWN immune system is slowly killing itself)
But THANKS for the INVITE!!

7x in China this year!! Thank GOD its your job and not mine, one deep breath of all that air pollution and I'd probably be in restraints at the Emergency Room (freaking the fuck out) VERY UN-Fun...

Take care,
G'

guidoz
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by guidoz » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:47 am

shred_da_gorge wrote:
guidoz wrote:I never got sick from 3rd in 8 years. I don't worry about bacteria there, though I do worry about heavy metals and such. I would definitively caution people about the water in Sherman. I had a blood infection from a tiny scratch. Ended up in the emergency with pretty strong antibiotics. It was seriously unreal how a tiny scratch could get that infected. Sherman is horrible. Only A4 is maybe even more horrible ;-)
8 years, what a youngster. And dude, you're a MRSA survivor - that which don't kill ya makes ya stronger! ii() *ju#

The southwesterlies will come and you know you'll be back for more butter... :)

yeah, well 8 years at 3rd, doesn't mean I only did 8 years of watersport, maybe I am not from here around ;-)

yes, I will be back for sure, you are right ;-)

guidoz
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by guidoz » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:51 am

shred_da_gorge wrote:
guidoz wrote:
you're a MRSA survivor - that which don't kill ya makes ya stronger! ii() *ju#

I wish I could believe that I am stronger now, but I think my body was loosing that battle back then, and the antibiotics were doing the fighting ;-)

SFPete
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by SFPete » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:50 pm

assume the fecal position...

turguz
Contributor
Contributor

Post by turguz » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:05 am

i don't know what kind of water test we are talking about - there is no water at the pond. only liquid by-products from the sewer treatment plant, plus the chemical run offs from the heavy metal recycling plant next door. not much mercury, but plenty of antimony, arsenic, bismuth, cadmium, etc. traces of selenium and beryllium for a good measure.

le noun
Old School
Old School

Post by le noun » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:13 am

turguz wrote:i don't know what kind of water test we are talking about - there is no water at the pond. only liquid by-products from the sewer treatment plant, plus the chemical run offs from the heavy metal recycling plant next door. not much mercury, but plenty of antimony, arsenic, bismuth, cadmium, etc. traces of selenium and beryllium for a good measure.
Sounds almost as clean as toll plaza. :mrgreen:
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

rvv
Regular
Regular

Post by rvv » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:55 am

le noun wrote:
turguz wrote:i don't know what kind of water test we are talking about - there is no water at the pond. only liquid by-products from the sewer treatment plant, plus the chemical run offs from the heavy metal recycling plant next door. not much mercury, but plenty of antimony, arsenic, bismuth, cadmium, etc. traces of selenium and beryllium for a good measure.
Sounds almost as clean as toll plaza. :mrgreen:
Really? Treated Sewage is in every part of the bay we swim in diluted crap daily!
Here is the San Mateo and west bay sewage treatment plants map! The outfall from all 5 treatment plants are directly upwind of third ave in an area with minimal pacific current flow!
http://www.co.sanmateo.ca.us/planning/g ... ewater.pdf
Compare that to the outfall from 1 oakland/north east bay plant all the way by Yerba Buena ISl and in a channel with pacific tidal current.(Zoom in on interactive map)
http://www.ebmud.com/wastewater/online_tour
Last edited by rvv on Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Royce V
KGBswag