Iliopsoas tendinitis

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
le noun
Old School
Old School
Re: Iliopsoas tendinitis

Post by le noun » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:54 am

definitely don't! on my feet all night!
bartending and serving.
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

vdeub
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by vdeub » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:29 am

Looks like it s helping. Did I bring you back from alameda a while ago whe you needed a ride after a lack of wind sesh? Do you ride fone? French maybe ?

le noun
Old School
Old School

Post by le noun » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:14 pm

That would be me. 8)
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

vdeub
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by vdeub » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:53 am

I created a blog to track my progress or other unrelated thoughts. I discovered quite a few facts around this injury and walking my way through it steps by steps. Maybe that could help someone. I know it would have helped me to know someone who went through it successfully.

http://vdeub.blogspot.com/2012/11/breakthrough.html

yojimbo
Regular
Regular

Post by yojimbo » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:48 pm

Great post, thanks for all the great info.

I started doing Pilates about 4 years ago and eventually experienced tremendous pain in my hip flexors while kiteboarding. I believe that it was initially triggered by doing Pilates and exacerbated by kiting. The pain went away eventually I think due to my improving my Pilates practice, learning modifications for certain excercises, my body just getting stronger and generally becoming more knowledgeable about my body.

I also started doing yoga at about the same time, and I find the combination of these two disciplines have done amazing things for my body and mind.

I am really impressed that you were able to figure out what was ailing you and have gone down the path of healing yourself.

I also hope to one day be able to do this pose and wear what he is wearing while I do it :
Attachments
bannana hammock.jpg
bannana hammock.jpg (4.83KiB)Viewed 1635 times

vdeub
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by vdeub » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:39 pm

Wait to see what i learned about nutrition ;)

I am not where i want to be yet, but thank you for the encouragements.

My take on this injury is that my favorite sports are -by far - incomplete (Surf,Kitesurf, Running) and then you have to perform more fundamental activities as well (yoga, Pilates are good candidates). And when you stretch, or just exercise, make sure you do it with the proper technique as it could be more dangerous than helpful. And if you hurt yourself, Dont "walk it off", as the body got a tendency to adapt and compensate, and if you do not break the bad patterns / posture early, that will be way more difficult later. "Somatics" really acknowledge this, but i am not convinced yet of the methodology , even if i understand the rationale behind it... Here you go , I could talk about this for hours now ;)