GW at Dillon

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Aloha
Old School
Old School
Re: GW at Dillon

Post by Aloha » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:36 am

46th rule of fight club - we don't talk about the poison oak or rocks on the hike in to fight club

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:10 am

I always surf with a friend and carry a knife-
If you EVER spot a shark, SHANK your friend and paddle like hell...
Enjoy-
L.M.G.

Loscocco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Loscocco » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:29 am

Greg wrote:I always surf with a friend and carry a knife-
If you EVER spot a shark, SHANK your friend and paddle like hell...
Enjoy-
L.M.G.
you don't need to shank your friend or be able to swim faster than a shark, you just need to be able to swim faster than your friend.
'?'? '?'? '?'? :lol: :lol:
My Photography ==> www.Loscocco.com
Kites:Ocean Rodeo: Flites and Razors
Boards:Ocean Rodeo: Duke and Spotz Hydrofoil
Eyewear:Kurtis Surf Goggles www.KurtisUSA.com

friggin old guy
Regular
Regular

Post by friggin old guy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:05 pm

I was talking to my brother the other day about the shark attack.......he was sitting on his surfboard when this 15+ ftr chomped right between his legs, then lifted up and thrashed his whole body around, ripping a big chunk out of the board (but fortunately not Bill's gonads).

His buddy that was sitting right next to him almost got nailed by the shark's tail as it smacked down. His buddy likes to talk about how close he was to getting killed by the shark's tail, which Bill finds slightly irritating, having been a lot closer to the more operational end of the shark.

Bill's buddy started yelling at him to paddle in, encouragement that was really not needed, since Bill was already on the way. The paddling ability of the board was slightly compromised, since the front quarter of the board was missing a nice clean semicircle which the shark had bitten off.

Never mind that.....he was wayyyyyy faster than his buddy, mangled board or no........he says the amount of adrenaline and intense focus on the task at hand was beyond description. Bill's had other types of close calls, and we joke about him using up his nine lives.........I think he used up a few of them on this one.......

wjb
Resident
Resident

Post by wjb » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:55 pm

sloughslut wrote:Just another Dillon local trying to scare people away from his spot :::)
That doesn't happen does it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Everybody knows a shark can easily spot a newbie anyhow
It is obvious that we can no more explain a passion to a person who has never experienced it than we can explain light to the blind. T.S.Eliot