Waddell carpool.

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Loscocco
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Waddell carpool.

Post by Loscocco » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:44 pm

Blackbird wrote:Pablito must not have slept much. Loscocco, lets carpool together with Pablito. I'll bring my wake skate (never used it yet), and get some lessons from Alex down there. I hear riding right in front of the parking lot is a good spot. I'll really be able to learn the waves there! My mom will be on shore taking pictures with her point and shoot Olympus 1 megapixel camera. She is a good shot. Her small dogs love little birds which I hear are abundant. Great appetizers. I hear the local yell all sorts of encouragement when I ride towards them so I am stoked to feel the love on the water!
Blackbird, Can I borrow your wake skate to try it out in the big waves? I will put a GoJoe and leash on it so it doesn't get lost.
My Photography ==> www.Loscocco.com
Kites:Ocean Rodeo: Flites and Razors
Boards:Ocean Rodeo: Duke and Spotz Hydrofoil
Eyewear:Kurtis Surf Goggles www.KurtisUSA.com

Aloha
Old School
Old School

Post by Aloha » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:05 am

I've been riding an alaia at Waddell - is that allowed or should I technically be on a surfboard?

sc-surfer
Resident
Resident

Post by sc-surfer » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:29 pm

Aloha wrote:I've been riding an alaia at Waddell - is that allowed or should I technically be on a surfboard?
That depends. Are you riding Caution kites? If so, you are allowed to and can give everyone else crap about it. If not, you shouldn't even be riding there. [-X
:P :P

p.s. I'm back in the water next week. Let's catch a few waves together. Maybe at the place that we shall not name!!

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:13 pm

It sounds fun that some of you have been able to make it down there lately. MJ0_

Historically, I have always ridden a twintip at Waddell, and not even on Caution kites. I like to send stuff off of the waves and like the cool, clean water.

The main thing is to always be conscious of the rotation, keep an eye of the guys who are in that triangular rotation and coming in high to line up for the surf. Don't come in middle or low and do any freestyle and get in the way. They also tend to come out of the wave to go back upwind and will be pushing hard to go back upwind and in your coming in, many don't mind pinching you off and they hold their line, so upwind kite high/downwind kite low doesn't always apply. It's easier to let them have it and pass with a smile or a nod. }|&#

Aloha
Old School
Old School

Post by Aloha » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Monte's Creek `~`

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:43 pm

Who's Monte?

Aloha
Old School
Old School

Post by Aloha » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:56 pm

An island in the Tyrrhenian Sea and part of the Tuscan Archipelago (cristo)

yojimbo
Regular
Regular

Post by yojimbo » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:04 pm

What would be totally epic, since there is an actual rotation protocol happening at Waddell, would be if someone would post a google satellite image of the break at Waddell and draw in in the "rotation"- an oval line with directional arrows.

I haven't made it down to Waddell yet, but this knowledge would certainly be handy if I ever made it down there.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Big+Basi ... k,+CA&z=14[/googlemap]

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:18 pm

Aloha wrote:An island in the Tyrrhenian Sea and part of the Tuscan Archipelago (cristo)
Ah, but the Monte Cristo has origin a la francaise...the Croque-monsieur, just ask Vincent...

le noun
Old School
Old School

Post by le noun » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:48 pm

Oui oui.
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D